Monday, January 9, 2012

Finding Your Parenting Power



I read an article not too long ago entitled 'Finding your Parenting Power' and it got me thinking. I really believe every mom and dad has been blessed with powers that are unique to raising the child(ren) that come into their home. I'm always impressed by those individuals who seem to have discovered their power and are using it to the best of their ability to empower their child(ren) and those in their circle of influence. I've also noticed that in today's parenting arena there is a lot of 'power' comparing which ends up just distracting that parent from the mission at hand. There are so many blogs out in the blogosphere (my husband said this is an outdated word and will expose me for the novice I am;) right now and I must admit sometimes I turn off my computer thinking, yep, I stink at this mom stuff cuz there is no way I could ever do or accomplish what that mom is doing. When that happens everyone suffers and powers we do have go unused. It'd be like Superman not rescuing a train load of citizens headed for a cliff because he doesn't have spiderweb making abilities like Spiderman so what's the point! I find when I wallow in my weaknesses I hit my kryptonite moments and am no good to anyone, but when I am inspired well, make way!! I decided to accept my friend Brooke's invitation to "guest blog" since I believe her blog will reach out and inspire those who read it to find their parenting power and be a force for their families!


I'm still working on honing my Powers and thought what better place to do just that than the Middle East:). My husband and I moved our four little Kings and set up shop on the small island in the Persian Gulf, Bahrain. As if moving to the Middle East wasn't crazy enough, I decided to home school as well. My number one goal is to have a GREAT ADVENTURE, so if for no other reason than that stay tuned....

5 comments:

  1. Wow... I wanna be just like you. You rock it lady, and inspire me to hone my own powers more! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to GREAT ADVENTURES and I couldn't think of a better powerful woman than you to do it Nonnie! Way to go. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, Nonnie! Thanks for taking this journey with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never seem to amaze me, Nonnie--good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are truly an inspiration, Nonnie! I can't wait to hear more about your latest adventures. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete